In this most recent v2.4 rollout, we've completely re-structured our utility rate lookup service to make rates load over 30 times faster than before!
Here's a short GIF of this new utility rate lookup in action for SDG&E rates.
The utility rate database will still be updated daily, to make sure that you're getting the most up-to-date rates available, no matter how complex, from over 3,700 different EIA-recognized utility companies.
Speed is important, especially when you're sitting at the kitchen table, designing a solar system in front of your customer. In a recent user survey, we found that 63% of respondents were using QuickSolar during sales consultations almost always (21%), often (16%), or sometimes (26%).
Because of this, we decided to focus on making our available features even stronger & faster, to strengthen your sales arsenal and help you move more efficiently through your sales presentation.
But when presented in a real, tangible, personalized way using the QuickSolar design tool, the homeowner can actually wrap their head around how solar will look on their home, and how it's going to save them money.
If you haven't already, try using QuickSolar to build a solar array in front of your customer-- you can actually see the light bulb appear over their head!
- Design Preview: The design preview window has been fixed; all designs should now preview properly in the Project Page.
- Loan improvements: We've added the option to make the entire loan payment tax deductible to accommodate PACE users.
- White screen of death: In the past, sometimes the design tool would only load a blank white screen. Now, prompts have been added to let the user know what's wrong when this happens, and steps needed to fix the issue.
- Cost per Watt: Changing the design's Cost per Watt no longer triggers a prompt to Save.
- Swap panel: In the design tool, all references to the "Change Panel" feature have been changed to "Swap panel."
If you're not a current QuickSolar user, you can find out for yourself why QuickSolar was one of the fastest growing solar software companies of 2016 by signing up for a free account here.